Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Brother is Leaving

We like to match
There is a bond that two brothers share that cannot be understood by people who don't have brothers.  A brother is a gift and a curse.  Brothers metaphorically push you to be a better person.  They push you to do things that maybe you were afraid to do. They also physically push you.  They push you into walls, large shrubs, and your household gas stove. 

I'd like to share a story about my brother, that actually makes me get a little teary.

I remember on my first day of kindergarten I was really afraid to go to my class.  I didn't know the building and I don't even think I wanted to get on the bus.  The one thing that gave me confidence was knowing that my brother would be there by my side, at least for a while.  He was a cool first grader, comfortable strolling the halls and smoking cigarettes.  (That's probably not true.)  When we arrived at school, John asked me a question which may seem insignificant but had an incredible effect on me and my future.  He asked if I wanted him to help me find my classroom.  This meant the world to a kid who was scared, tiny, and, quite frankly, strange looking.  I do not have a good memory and the mere fact that I remember this event shows its importance.  Had it not been for my brother, I might still be wandering the halls, looking for Mrs. Kufalk.

Now John is off to Africa to work for the Peace Corps for 2 years.  I knew on my first day of kindergarten that John would make an excellent man of peace.  He has a blog but who knows if they have computers in Africa (http://tamemeisce.wordpress.com/)

Goodbye, John and good luck.  Please bring me back a machete.
This was not staged at all
He is not technically qualified to do that
A dark time in our lives...
Sexual

No comments:

Post a Comment