Friday, September 17, 2010

Simple Things

When you are as depressed and pathetic as I am, and as smelly and useless, you start to notice and appreciate the simple things in life.

I have recently been eating my sorrows away with a gallon of New York Vanilla ice cream.  I am not sure what makes it "New York" vanilla (although it did try to stab me.)  I will tell you that the simplicity and rich creamy flavor brings me to my senses.  New York Vanilla reminds me that life isn't a rat race and it doesn't even matter how much money you make or if you have a job.  What matters is eating the cheapest ice cream you can find, bought in a giant container to save a few cents.  Sure the large bucket takes up more space in your freezer but when you have consumed the creamy ice, you can put a little glitter on the bucket's exterior and suddenly you have a decorative bin to put all your rejection letters.

I am a changed man, and it didn't take Ben or Jerry to do it.

Life is about the simple things.

And glitter.

Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment