Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Applying for jobs is expensive

It's the old catch 22 of the job applying game.  You want money, so you want a job.  Unfortunately there is a cost involved.  I was stunned to realize how much money I have spent on applying for jobs.


Before I break everything down below I need to tell you what is expected for the jobs I am applying for.  I have been applying for tv reporter jobs.  For these types of jobs you send you DVD, resume, and cover letter to the various tiny stations that have open positions.  I'm not talking about Chicago or Milwaukee.  I'm talking about tiny stations in towns nobody has heard of.  Sometimes stations provide an e-mail address so you can send them a link to your videos.  The numbers below are for places that I have mailed applications to and do not include jobs I have applied for via e-mail. 


I was taught to always show my work.


That's a lot of money.  I could have done something cool with that like buy a 34 inch Yemenite Shofar


On the bright side, I learned I can still do addition, multiplication, and long division.


No comments:

Post a Comment